The objective of the course is for the pilot under training:
- (1) to understand how to cope with the physiological and psychological aspects of dynamic
upsets in aeroplanes.
- (2) to develop the necessary competence and resilience to be able to apply appropriate
recovery techniques during upsets under the presence of real human factors.
The course is considered to have been satisfactorily completed if the
trainee is able to successfully:
(1) apply strategies to mitigate psychological and physical
(2) recognise upsets;
(3) apply correct recovery techniques from upset scenarios :
- (i) nose high at various bank angles;
- (ii) nose low at various bank angles;
- (iii) spiral dives;
- (iv) stall events;
- (v) incipient spin;